View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed these. I use Easy GIF Animator to do these GIFs, suggested to me by Rik Palm. You can find it easily on the net.

Re the panorama, I did add a bit of sepia tone after totally desaturating the whole image - to give it a bit of ole timey look. This is obviously a very small version of what is actually a very large panorama - something like 57+ inches long by 13+ inches tall. I'd guess it covers about 140 degrees and Sheep Mountain is a good 2 miles away.

Regarding the exposure on that pano, I had to work hard to retain detail in the shadows and dark places and still get all the detail of the clouds and bright surfaces of the rocks. So I actually took three exposures of each of three camera positions and used Photoshop CS2's HDR function (high dynamic range) to blend them and capture the full range of detail, then I stitched the 3 HDR images together manually (no specific program used although there are some good ones out there (even in PSCS2) for automatically stitching panos.

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper