View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 07:49 AM
Steel Addict

Jack -

many of the early knives were made solely by Bo. A tell tale sign is small handles. Bo had smaller hands and particularly when doing finger grips, he would work on it for feel. I have some early finger grip models that are usable but wouldn't be my preference because they feel a bit slight in the hand for my taste.

An unlisted "option" from the shop to this day most don't even know about is large hand. A handle will be made in a larger diameter if requested.

I put that knife made in 1943, probably by the Springtime of that year. Note that a fancier spacer stack as found on both Tune's knife and the stag Commando have disappeared.

The subject knife appears to have two thin metal spacers. I have a knife that has about the same spacer stack as that knife, but a few more in quantity. Probably made not too distant from each other. I don't know how to post photos here but it seems they have to be stored by a photo service, not on this sites web host.

Bo had many "friends" being the affable man he was, and taking folks fishing was commonplace.