View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Guru

great tip on the tree trunk i didnt even think of that and that is something i will have no problem getting thats for sure lets say my father loved (past 2 years medical reasons had stoped him) to cut down trees for firewood and he enjoyed it so we always had extra and pieces are still laying around. i guess i could cut a hole in the floor just big enough for a piece of tree trunk so it could sit on the ground instead of the plywood floor. As far as where to place the forge right now i have it on a heavy duty tool cart that i been pulling in and out of the garage. i am going to keep it on the tool cart until i build another rolling stand for it so i can give back dads tool cart. but what i was going to do is make a ramp going in the front door of the shed/lil shop. but instead of having the ramp angle right to the door i was going to make a flat part right outside of the door just big enough for the cart with the forge on it then the ramp coming off that flat part. so the forge would be technically out side but just out side like the cart sits on that flat spot that is right out side the door. then i was going to try and place the anvil inside the shed so what i could do is basically stand in the doorway facing outwards having the forge right there in front of me but be able to turn around 180 degrees and have the anvil right inside within a step from the door so all i gota do is turn around to go from forge to anvil. One of the main reasons for doing it this way is the ease of bringing the forge in and out especially during winter obviously i dont want to leave it outside but i dont want to have to shovel a large area to use the forge if there is snow on the ground. as i said this is the plan in my head things might change slightly if i run into a problem here or there but thats the basic idea.