View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Guru

hey ray (or anyone that might have the answer)
was it you that told me once that when applying satinite (and other coatings) you could either do what instructions say and let it dry completely over night before firering the forge in increasing intervals OR you could fire the forge pritty soon after without waiting hours or overnight if i remember that correctly you had said if you dont wait and you fire it, it might get some cracks in it right? is there any other "side effects" besides cracking? just asking cause i already had layer of satinite and itc100 and buble alumina and i decided insted of just coating those 2 holes from the movement of burner position to just do one layer everywhere so i am thinking about just firering it soon so maybe i can get the bubble alumina or itc back on today to and let that sit over night. i dont care that much about a crack or 2 in that layer since there is a layer underneath and itc or buble alumina will go on top anyway. The thing i dont want to happen is getting moisture on one layer and then another coating on top i have heard people say the layers can actually have a mini explosion and that i do NOT need as long as that dont happen and it doesnt effect quality i am good. sorry if it wasnt you that had told me this some one did and cant remember