View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Guru

WOW i knew the outside can get hot but i didnt think it could get anywhere near 1000 degrees i know yours is alot bigger than mine but still wouldnt of guessed that
i will deffinitly let ya know i think your right tho about curing as the forge runs cause i did a second layer of satinite (just a patch as i had a hole where the old burner position) so i gota finish patching that up but as i was doing the on then off and slowly turning up thing to finish drying the satinite. The paint seemed to go from dry back to wet (at least that what it looked like i wasnt going to touch it and find out) then it gave off a lil bit of smoke and seemed to go back to dry and it is a flat paint but before it looked a lil glossy (not much) as it seemed to dry again with the forge on the gloss went away and went to straight flat. the only spot i had a lil bit of a problem was on the tube that holds the burner. the new tube is kinda thin and i dint have any wool stuffed in there at first so i guess as the flare heated up it heated the thin tube and a small spot right above the burner started giving off alot more smoke (the rest was very little just enough to notice here and there) and a spot on the paint burned but as soon as i stoped and put some wool in there well that solved the problem. figured ill let it cool over night again before i mess whit it any more. but i will let ya know how it holds up after a lil work and a lil time.