View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Guru

High temp Paint on forge body

hey guys i asked this question in a older thread with no answer i think maybe no one following that thread so......In the process of moving the location of the burner on the forge body there were spots where i had to weld a plate over old hole and grinded down the area to put new tube that holds burner in place i had grinded down alot of spots for this so since it was so much i figured i am better off just grinding it everywhere to take paint off and re paint it. I found some high temp paint but i didn't realize till i got home that after it dries it has to be cured. The instructions say to bake it in a oven at 350 degrees for 30 mins then let it cool for 30 mins then repeat that for 400 degrees and 500 degrees. Now i do not have a oven to put it in (with out dealing with some serious BS for a while, not worth it) Has any one out there done this. Is there another way to cure it ? You think maybe running the forge in short intervals like when you apply coatings to the inside of the forge? It doesnt have to be perfect at all i just want it to stand up to the heat (wich cant be all that high being on the outside of the forge, body, handle,feet) and i just want it to protect from rust and stuff like that. That is the main reason for re painting it. I might have a option, my friend said he thinking about it but maybe he will let me do it in his oven (he lives by himself so no one to yell at him) But i did read some where that its not sugested to do in a oven that you would also cook in. But it didnt say why so i dont want to poisin this guys some how. Any one know why? This might not be a option anyway i dont know yet. Any one that has done this or has knoledge on this topic i would really appreciate and advice or tips. As i said it dont have to be perfect just withstand heat on outide of body and protect from rust and stuff like that. THANKS