View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Hall of Famer

I can really sympathize with your situation. The docs were trying to find me a new antidepressant. The old one that I was on was working fine until the FDA came along and that I could only be prescribed half of what I was taking. To be fair, there was a recorded increase in cardiac arrythmias with the dose I was on, but I wasn't having any. The first one was over sedating. The second one worked fine at lower than the normal therapeutic dose, except for the 2-3 hours it left me depressed. But once that was passed I felt like taking on the world. So now I'm back on the reduced dosage of the original medication.

Having worked in health care in one function or another for 40+ years I can really identify with doctors' attitudes. Most are very hard working and decent people but there are some who are a bunch of arrogant asses who think people should bow to them when they walk past. However, I remember one doctor from when I started working at one of the hospitals in town. He was infamous for his arrogance and verbal abusiveness, even to other doctors. But he also had the reputation of being one of the best Internists in Illinois south of Chicago.

Try to be patient. As I told you before, this could be a long drawn out process. Medicine really is not an exact science.

Doug

Last edited by Doug Lester; 09-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.