View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakethings View Post
Well, if y'all wanna join in for the challenge that would be great, and would probably eliminate the hassle of managing it. The completion date for the challenge is the end of March, so it kinda fits into the time frame you're looking at.

Pretty much the target for the challenge is to make and EDC with a synthetic handle. The optional challenge I tossed in was to minimize the point of the knife, mostly to get folks brains going. If you guys want to join in, great!

The major reason I started the challenge was to give some newer folks a better look at how different people approach knife making, so photo-blogs of your process would be wonderful if you'd care to join us.

I'm in for The Challenge also, but it was never decided if it would be a KITH and to be perfectly honest the optional challenge changed the likely out come of the knives from an EDC that I would actually carry. (I carry 2 knives, one folder and one fixed everyday) To something that would have only situational usefulness. Which is sort of the opposite of an EDC. My opinion only of course and I plan on completing a knife for the challenge.

A Tactical/fighter on the other hand?

AHH, they are nearly completely useless in everyday life, unless you happen to be "Down Range" (as my BIL refers to his deployments) and yet they are a fun knife to own, they have a certain feel in the hand that lends confidence and it whispers to you. (Whispering) "Yeah, I know you will probably never need me, BUT, if you do? I got your back. If fact I will make bad guys run away at the sight of me..." LOL

So how about a KITH Tactical/fighter challenge. I don't mind keeping track of it here. If March is too quick for people, then lets say finish in the spring at the end of April?

I know I'm different than most, cause when I start a knife I can't stop till it's finished so If you made the challenge end next week, I'd be all over it lol

But at the same time the more people who join in the funner it will be.

Who is in?