View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Hi dax007!

This is from the seller's description, so it may well be a KIT knife:

"Randall was the knife maker is on this one. The knife looks to be in great condition. This is an older high quality knife.

I have had this knife for several years and hesitated on selling it because I wanted to be absolutely sure it was authentic. I took it with me to Orlando on my last visit a few months ago. I stopped by the Randall shop and let them look at it. The blade was verified as authentic Randall. It was sold by Randall as a kit knife in the early 1970's. I feel confident after my visit that it is a genuine Randall Made blade and someone else put the handle on it. That is how I am selling it.

The knife has a 1/2" or less crack on each side of the handle as seen in the photos. The blade has some scuffs and spots as seen in the photos as well. I have not cleaned it and am selling it just the way I got it. This knife was in a very nice collection of high quality knives that I bought from a gentleman that I have known to be very honest and he was very sure it was the real deal when he sold it to me. This is the only knife from that collection that I have left as I have sold all the others. As I stated earlier, I did not want to sell it without being confident. I have always dealt with Case knives but I honestly did not know that much about Randall.

If anyone that really knows Randall knives sees something wrong with this listing description, please let me know. I am a honest seller and would never sell anything that I can't back up. My reputation is worth more that any price that this knife might bring."

Cheers!

David