View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Skilled

I really like both forums, I've been checking out BF every day for a few years now and I've come to make really good personal and internet friends there, and several are highly talented just as several are here. Just to name a few, Bruce Evans, Bruce Bump, J. Nelson. M. Williams. Ray Richards, Mike Fitzgerald, R. Claiborn, R. Duncan, there's more but I need to move on. I mostly just use shop talk where other makers show and tell, to help new and old makers. I've found it has been very helpful in my knifemaking profession, just as I have found this site to be very helpful. It seems that we're actually lucky to have both, I like the advantage that a question can be posted on both forums and you get a great many replies on different way to attack and solve a problem which is great, for we all have so many different tools and levels of ability that it helps us to do things that couldn't be accomplished unless we all had an identically furnished shop. And the access to the tutorials is fantastic, which wouldn't be as easily found if not posted on both sites. For example there is the wonderful tips and tutorial from Jason howell and Ray Rogers, just to mention 2, fore theres many many others that we all benefit from every day.
I like them both and would miss either one if something was to change.

Bill

www.geocities.com/buxtonknives