View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Guru

I actually have a brother-in-law that works for the railroad by me. I sent him a text on the phone before when i made the last post asking if he can get his hands on a section or 2 of track wich would be great. But he hasnt answered me yet we'll see. My other brother asked him for something (cant remember exactly what it was it was years ago) but i know he asked for some kinda old train part for his wife that was trying her hands at art sculpting (lets say it didnt work out that well) but my bro-in-law that works at the railroad said they are really crazy about stuff there his reason for not getting what the other bro wanted was that his boss wants every part fixed as much as possible before getting a new one and he said every broken piece gets cataloged and recycled. It all seemed alot of work for something getting thrown out to me but a neighbor who works at a different rail yard said they do the same thing there. It is really crazy how things are getting and have gotten over here in ny just like no junk yard letting you find stuff there anymore. they used to. I think too much government money and they want every lil thing on paper and make sure no one gets sued. Any way enough ranting ill see what works out with my brother but if not would 1 sledge hammer head be big enough probily not right? Oh and ya know the anvil i was talking about before the cheap 68 dollar one its the fact that its cast iron right? its just not to durable i am assuming? the weight i could always bump up by making a base for it but i want to make sure its also the fact of the material not being any good. Oh on your last post ray you said a axial from a bulldozer i get that being a solid rod but what did you mean when you said old wheels from a rail car? The actual wheel wouldnt that be round like a car wheel? of is it just a piece of the wheel i would be looking for? anyway thanks again i am going back to hunting for steel