View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 05:20 AM
Steel Addict

I'm making a return

I haven't been here in a few years, I got to work with my gear for a few weeks before life went off the rails and it had to be packed up. I'm in the process of taking everything out of mothballs and getting my permanent workshop set up in my garage. Hopefully I'll have some interesting stuff to share, I'm currently taking some lessons in the basics from a bladesmith about an hour away to help me avoid wasting a lot of materials. So far we've hammered out the best looking rough shape I've ever put my hands on and I hope it translates to pieces that are close in quality when I'm working unsupervised. I logged in today to look for the next Hammer-In, bad timing. At least my credentials here were still saved on my phone. And I attached what we've made so far. Today I drive back out for more hammer work which I hope gets my Chinesium Harbor Freight hammers dressed for proper forge work and we have some heat treating to do if memory serves me correctly. Maybe this lesson in patience will help me as well, I'm used to finishing projects the day I start them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1522537324837.jpg (52.9 KB, 17 views)