View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 07:24 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Atreides View Post
Kind of a necrothread I know but, I just had to voice my opinion on this.

'Bladeforums' has some of the rudest senior members and most tyrannical moderators I have ever seen on any forum ANYWHERE. I don't think I've ever seen such a cliquey environment since high school.

In the past I have recommended BF to people but I just don't think I can do it anymore (for the purposes of actually posting comments, threads or asking questions anyways). In the probably 10 years I've been reading BF, I don't think I can count the amount of newer people some of the senior members and moderators over there have ganged up on and insulted, berated, disparaged and ultimately banned. And many, for really no good reason at all. (at least none posted publicly that I could see)

Really, the only redeeming feature about BF is the wealth of information and knowledge archived on it pertaining to the topic of cutlery. And from now on, if I ever recommend BF again, it will be specifically for those reasons, and NOT for the purposes of posting threads, comments or asking questions.
I totally agree with you. Trying to help someone find an item you get jumped all over.
The modus operandi of BF seems to be: 'free speech for me...none for thee'....and this also appears to be largely based on economics. It seems free-users take the majority of this abuse, while paid members enjoy more conversation leeway.

I have seriously posted benign, legitimate threads MULTIPLE TIMES before discussing something totally appropriate and knife related, only to have all the senior minions swoop into it from BF's 'whine & cheese' (BF's adult rated complaint section) and leave snide, snarky and condescending remarks as their complicit moderator friends just turn a blind eye to the whole affair.

Yep, if you're not a member of the BF 'good ol' boy club' you had BETTER BELIEVE you're on the outside.

In closing, as I have said, I can ONLY recommend BF for the information and knowledge the site contains. If you think you're going to be joining for any kind social aspects or for something to do on a rainy afternoon...you better think again. The senior members and moderators of BF are routinely pompous and disparaging to new users, if this is the kind of interaction you're looking for then by all means, knock yourself out.

P.S. Coincidentally, this is also my FIRST post here, hello all
I totally agree. When you get jumped for trying to hlep someone. NOTE all the people who answered in 2005 and the person who started the thread , no longer post on BF.