View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Founding Member *Sys_Admin*

I like them both and visit both every single day. Of course I'm into knives and I'm a full-time maker, so I go all around to keep abreast of what's going on. It's my job.

I'm a member of Knife Network, BladeForums, KnifeForums, Swordforums, USN, Don Fogg's forums, and a host of others.

Heck, I even started up another forum a couple of years ago called "The Anvil", which is dedicated to discussions on the forged blade. I don't really advertise that fact around here, but we're not in competition with Knife Network or any of the big forums, and don't want to be. We started out as a group of 5 or 6 bladesmiths and a private forum. Now we're up to about 140 members, bladesmiths and collectors, and have opened up to the public.

Sorry, I'm rambling. The thing is, each of the forums have something to offer. Yes, this one is like home, as is my forum, but I like going to all of them.

Gib,
You mentioned the difference in the way that you knives are received here as opposed to BladeForums. Here's an interesting piece of info for you.

I reply to I guess a little over 900 emails a year. From those emails, the ones that are from people who primarily hang out here at KnifeNetwork, mostly are questions about knifemaking, or someone telling me what a prick I am for some administrative function I've performed here as part of my duties.

Conversely, the emails I get that are orders for knives more often come from folks who primarily hang out at BladeForums. This is the first time I've come right out and said that. Interesting isn't it?

Of course I'm not whining about it. That's just the way it is.

Click the banner above to visit my website