View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Skilled

Dang Ron, that would be nice. I do get to California occasionally, my youngest son is a shipping agent at long beach harbor. My good friend from Special Forces and Vietnam, Dr. Lonnie Holmes, is a mover in the SF chapter in S. California... and they sponsor a terrific pistol competition, drawing swat teams, seal teams, SF teams from everywhere. I'll probably come out for his pistol competition again this fall.

He may have saved my life in Vietnam by forceably hospitalizing me thinking I had malaria. I have a picture of us when he finally let me go back to my A-team.

I accidentally got him interested in Randalls last year, and now he is outpacing me by considerable margin. Lonnie was a medic who after 44 months in SEAsia and 6 years in the Army, went to med school and became one of S. California's leading heart surgeons (Dr. Lewis Holmes, ahem).

By the way... that post of mine that you quote seems to have disappeared. Oh well, I can't wait to see your collection of Viet stuff and especially Randalls. It will probably bankrupt me thereafter. Regards.

Last edited by Jacknola; 09-01-2017 at 05:19 PM.