View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Steel Addict

Sam, it is all semantics. I still view it as Bo's first knife as he did. Not unlike the first of anything, say a collectible car. These are often rebuilt. Does being rebuilt change the fact it the first? No, perhaps not in original condition, but still the first. Check the VIN.

For this particular knife, whether Bo rebuilt two days later after the original photo or two months later, it is still his first knife. Now you can look at it in the context it isn't in the same state as the 1937 photo, yet still an example of his first effort into knife making imo. Otherwise, there isn't a "first knife".

Bo stated it is his first, and he even identifies it a such in his own handwriting, and he should know. That is good enough for me.

I want to say and if I remember correctly, Rhett was contacted by the family and went to their home and purchased it. The story is the sheath was lost in a duck blind.

Rhett traveled the country every year for decades doing knife shows. At one time he may have had one of the the most impressive knife collections in existence, not only Randall's

Last edited by crutchtip; 12-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.