View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Skilled

Thank you all for the positive reaction. I was a little apprehensive, posting that whimsy, not knowing how some would react. On another forum, some regulars were not so generous to allow someone new to ramble on... Did I mention that my middle name is "Flashman?" (not "Gump").

Ron, I hope I summarized your fine explanation about the progression of the model-1 blade and choll during that period '50s to about '63. If I misunderstood, I hope you will set me straight.

Actually, portions of that story have a lot of truth in them, just stretched and re-arranged, and many of the pictures are real. One thing that I hope becomes apparent... how often we faced Cuban troops around the world during the "cold" war. One day, I hope someone details those confrontations and that Cuba eventually is freed. In the meantime, we should not forget that Cuba was the source of much hot, direct military trouble in the world from Angola to Granda to Nicaragua and 10 other countries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that Lonny (Dr. Lewis) Holmes is now retired and is a mover and shaker in the S. California Special Forces association. He is the prime mover in an incredible pistol competition that draws teams from everywhere and the prize list is simply phenominal. Col. Donlon, first MOH awardee in Vietnam was at the competiton last year.

I just received this message from him about this year's competition ... note the reference to Randall.

To:
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:11 PM
Subject: GB Shooters Cup

Ok guys, check these out. The Ad will be in the Spring and Summer DROP.

We will have a feature article in the Soldier of Fortune Mag in the next coupla months. Also, the magazine, American Handgunner will have a coupla short pieces on the Oct 13 2nd Annual event!

We may get a Delta Team, one of our guys served with the CSM there and we are in negotiations. Another SF CSM at Bragg is having a shoot-off to get his best 5 guys and send them out. Sniper School has budgeted for a team to compete. I also spoke with senior NCO at the Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) at Benning to get a team. Time will tell.

We have more sponsors' already, more than all of last year combined. Magpul gave us 200 5.56 mags for prizes and several companies are talking of donating a rifle. LaRue Tactical will become a Range C-O Sponsor at 3K, just to name a few.

Now all I need is to get a "Randall" donated to MY Collection. Ha, Ha...

Lonny

Last edited by Jacknola; 03-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.