View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Hi I just sold a monode m-150 for 50 bucks with 3 bottles of electrolyte because I have a marking methods one already but it worked great in tryouts and I got it for next to nothing. My experience only is for that machine so here goes. I tape the stencil down on the blade after cleaning well with acetone. I put electric tape where I didnt want any stray spots although i dont think its necessary. I set the machine on dc at the highest voltage. I soak the wick so it is saturated but not dripping blotting for 10 second intervals for about 50 seconds or a minute this machine took longer thaan my MM one. Switch to ac and repeat. I used an electrolyte for steel that the original owner used to do saw blades it was red and I think it was monode m2 I got a case of it with the machine everything for 5 bucks. You could try a different electrolyte make sure you have enough on the wick but not so it runs out from under the stencil. Check your ground cable and handpad cable making sure it has good continuity.I had a bad cable once that was intermittent and made a lousy mark. I hope this helps Good Luck Rich